Image Map

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

2015!
Now THAT's exciting!  
I can't believe last year has come and gone so quickly.  Looking at my blog, it appears as if the last couple of months happened in a blink of an eye.  I had every intention of writing about my exciting December school activities, but time simply got away because of busyness.  Hmph.  Oh well.  Onward to the new year!
 
I decided to link up with Mrs. Miracle's Music Room about New Year's Resolutions.  You can check out my resolutions here and click on the pic to see what others are resolving.
 
http://www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com/2014/12/2015-new-years-resolutions-linky-party.html 

 Personally, I seriously need to get in shape.  Over the last few years, I haven't led a very healthy lifestyle.  I hate to exercise and rarely have time to do so.  Not only that, but I currently live by the philosophy that I'll eat whatever doesn't eat me first.  Not really a good mind set for this 40-something girl.  I'd also like to spend more time with my family.  Everything feels so "rush here, rush there" all the time.  I'd love to just enjoy some time with my hubby (maybe a date or two:) and my 3 precious kids before time slips away and my nest is empty.  

Professionally, I'd like to become a leader within my district.   I've done a lot of observing and listening, with little contributing, in my school district over the last few years.  Maybe it's time for me to step up and start leading, especially those who are new to our profession.

In the classroom, my biggest struggle has always been relating to and finding entertaining activities for 5th and 6th grade students (more specifically 6th.)  You know how it is when 6th is still in elementary school.  They push the limits and despise the fact that they have to share their space with the younger grades.  It seems as though every time I have a "great" idea or plan for these pre-teens, it turns into a flop.  My goal is to find things suitable for their age and interests that we can at the very least enjoy our teacher/student relationships and learn from each other.

Well, as mentioned in the first paragraph, I have found my blogging skills aren't what I had initially thought.  With that being said, I plan to blog my classroom activities at least once a month.  In my TpT store, I would love to add more products that not only I enjoy in my classroom, but also that will be useful to others.

Just for me....in a career full of negatives and lack of appreciation among colleagues as well as those we serve, I just want to keep a smile on my face and know that somehow, somewhere, I am making a difference!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment